« Home | This Ain't No Schranz » | Tasty Nuggets » | Drum Roll Please » | Jack The Box » | Sweltering Sampled Heat » | Happy Father's Day! » | Acidic little clouds » | Welcome and Let us Begin »

Planet E


Planet E is one of those record labels where you have to go out and get every release. Started by Carl Craig in the mid nineties it has been an interigal part of Detroit's second wave. Releases such as Moodymann - Silentintroduction and Recloose - Cardiology helped to update the Detroit sound for a new generation without playing into "the rave culture" of the time. Maintaining it's soul through a period when electronica became a seller's market. For the last couple of years the label has been laying low, Craig has been using it primailarly to publish his own record under names like 69 and Tres Demented . I went through and tried to find some of my favorites from the label. Attention: I started using Sendspace, so the link to download is at the bottom of the page. Enjoy.



Paperclip People - Climax 1998 (just for those who don't already know)

Buy the cd here


Recloose - Kapiti Dream 2001

Buy it here


Newworldaquarium - trespassers 2002


Also want to mention that I will be posting a compressed zip. file called FREEK CASSETTE on Friday. This will be monthly feature that is essentially a "mixtape" type of thing with an extremely eclectic variety of (Non-techno....For the most part) music. I guarantee it'll be, if nothing else, interesting.

Links to this post

Create a Link

Von Migs 3000 Mix Downloads

About me

  • I'm Von Migs 3000
  • From Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
  • All of my free time is spent listening to, making, buying, and djing music. Anyone who wants to talk about music contact me(vonmigs3000@hotmail.com), I'm always looking for the next beat to listen to. If anyone object's to me putting up their music simply contact me and I will take it down.
My profile